What Have You. Your alternative to 'etc'...

Sunday, March 23

Words

"Fantastic things happen - to the way we feel , to the way we make another person feel. All this and more simply by the power of positive words."

-Professor Leo F Buscaglia,teacher,writer and humanitarian, 1921-1998

My comments - I notice blunt honesty with words gives me greater empathy with his/her feelings. In short, to see what he/she is feeling, I have to stop listening to what he/she is saying and what I'm thinking and look inside myself. Then if I speak from this feeling and tell him/her what I understand him/her to be saying, he/she will gladly set me straight if I have not got it right.

Gentle reader, I talk because I feel, and I talk to you because I want you to know how I feel. I dont want to merely listen to what you say. I want to feel what you mean. And I wont hold you to your words. Deep feelings are exposed by irrational words. So I want you to be able to say anything. Even what you don't mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home